Thursday, September 22, 2005

swimming

Swimming....

After a long time, I went for swimming. The pool is not too big. I guess it should be a 30X20 mts pool. . It is in level 4 of my office tower. Though I have not self-learnt swimming, I could not swim smoothly. I have a problem in breathing. Guess it is the fear of drowning in the water. On land, I can hold my breath for more than a minute. But in water, I could not even hold it for 10 seconds. I made three full laps but it was not continuous. I took a long break at every other end of the pool. I knew, I have to be bit slow and rhythmic in swimming. But once I give a push and start, I only concentrate on my suffocation and loose the rhythm. Practice makes perfection. I have to be bit regular in swimming. After 3 full laps, I guess, I got some confidence in myself. In the last half lap, I went comparatively slow and peeped my head out of water as a duck and breathed. But that is wrong. I shall concentrate on my breathing style. My immediate concentration will be on breathing techniques and increasing the number of laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment