Friday, September 04, 2009

Bicycle Expedition: Itinerary

In previous blog, I said, I would disclose my itinerary and here it is...

Day 1: Maturantakam
Day 2: Vizhupuram
Day 3: Srimushnam
Day 4: Kumbakonam
Day 5: Thiruvarur
Day 6: Seerkazhi
Day 7: Thirunallaru
Day 8: Pondicherry
Day 9: Marakkanam
Day 10: Thirukazhukundram
Day 11: Madipakkam (Home sweet Home)

Approximately each point is distancing 60-80 Kms and totals up to 700+ Kms.

We would be starting the journey at 530 / 6 AM depending on the sunlight and cycle up to 4 continuous hours, stopping in between for tea / breakfast and stop by 10-1030 AM by 12:30-13:00, we would be having a lunch and rest for another 1 hours before we start by 14:30 we would once again start to cycle up to 18:00-1830 to reach that day's destination.

Since we have targeted major towns, we would be having some lodge to rest in the night. Probably, I would request my wife to summarize the day's events, as I dictate to her over phone.
I am planning to track the cost of all things we do, so that should someone else try to do cycling, they would be informed.

Many of my friends and colleagues wished me luck; hope the readers would also wish us luck for our safe travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment